ADVANCED OPERATIONS RESEARCH GROUP LAB
- To be a leading interdisciplinary research
group that is recognized locally and internationally for quality research and education, advancing both
operations research theory and applications.
- The AORG is an organized research group in
Prince Sultan University with the mission of contributing to the body of knowledge and practice of operations
research that spans various engineering and management applications while serving academia through quality
- Promoting interdisciplinary research in the
area of operations research serving national and international research priorities.
- Conceptualizing and materializing new
paradigms for operations research that exploit the synergies between convex programming, stochastic
simulation, and machine learning while incorporating domain specific knowledge in these techniques.
- Promoting the marketing of research output
through intellectual property management of research outcomes and conducting research services for local and
- Attracting research grants from different
sectors (KACST, ministries, industry, and international grants) for solving engineering and management
problems using advanced operations research techniques.
- Publishing quality research related to
operations research with the aim for highly recognizable contributions to the scientific community.
- Promoting undergraduate research by
integrating research work with educational activities while establishing a foundation for future graduate
studies in operations research.