ENERGY, WATER, AND ENVIRONMENT LAB
- EWE aims to showcase the commitment of PSU to
further develop its academic and research capabilities to attract undergraduate and postgraduates’ students by
offering new programs tailored to the job market within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in line with its 2030
vision. Besides, EWE will engage into innovative research toward cutting-edge technologies, patenting, and
creation of starts-ups.
- EWE’s mission is to establish a unique
research center within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to tackle the most challenging issues related to energy,
water, and environment in terms of R & D as well as socio-economic impacts. Besides, EWE will foster the
research infrastructure (both experimental and computational) at PSU as well as engage staff members into
applied research with high outputs.
- Establish a research lab in applied science
and engineering at PSU equipped with art-of state equipment, including materials synthesis, characterization,
- Offer PSU staff and students a platform to
enhance their research outputs and publish quality and quantity papers.
- A new facility for existing and future
graduate program (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) students to perform their research thesis.
- Offer training and workshops for staff and
students all over the Kingdom.
- Offer consultancy and tailored training and
workshops for the local industry.
- Develop national, regional, and international
- Higher visibility and ranking of PSU (quality
and quantity papers, citations).
- Align with PSU strategic plan (2018 – 2023)
for creating new culture of research and enhancing research capabilities / outputs of its staff, since 17
research laboratories and groups are already created.
- Align with KSA 2030 vision in terms of
employment by developing new skills for our graduates tailored to job market, competitiveness of energy
sector, non-oil exports, and mining industry.